11.02.2009

Halloween Weekend

This past weekend was Halloween. I've always thought that Halloween showed the true personality of people. I know some people that hate Halloween to their very core, although personally it is one of my favorite holidays.
Most of the girls my age will wear very revealing costumes and other girls who are modestly dressed. Personally, I like looking sexy without showing everything for the whole world to see. I like knowing that if I bend over, no one will see my underwear. And I think that guys appreciate it. They know that I respect myself and have an inner confidence.

This Halloween my confidence was definitely shaken (for about thirty seconds). I was at a costume party with my friends (the third one of the night) when I glanced across the room, and saw HIM. His name was Dan and I went out with him for about a month. When I was dating him, it was the first time that I didn't care what happened, I was just dating to date. Just when I started to think that maybe this fun could mean a little bit more, he stopped talking to me. He didn't call me or anything. A few months later a close friend of mine ran into Dan and he asked about me. The very next night, he apologized and said how much I meant to him. He failed to mention the fact that he was engaged. He looked exactly the same the other night. The same dulled expression and scared skin. He didn't even say hi to me. And I didn't want to go back to that time, so I pretended like I didn't recognize him. Perhaps I should have said something, but I didn't want to hurt the poor, scared, and spineless woman that he was with. Because I know if I was ever cheated on, I would be one little spit fire. He would regret the moment he ever even thought about cheating on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment